ADVERTISEMENT OF FARM/PASTURE LANDS
Invitation to Bid No. 2017-1
The Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes, Allotment Owners, and the Superintendent of the Flathead Agency are offering irrigated, dry farm, and grazing land for lease during this Fall Bid Advertisement.
All Bidders should acquaint themselves with the following:
- Agricultural Leases are bid “as is” and a field inspection should be made prior to bidding on the lease. Property location (enlarged maps and assistance is available at the CS & K Tribal Complex, Tribal Lands Department, Pablo, MT), equipment listed on the bid abstract, and property condition.
- Improvement proposals on some of these leases are encouraged.
- Title 25 Code of Federal Regulation Part 162, agricultural lease contract provisions, and Tribal Ordinances of the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes.
- Fence maintenance stipulations.
- Grazing restrictions (AUM or Season of Use*) if stipulated.
Please enclose bids in an envelope marked “sealed agricultural bid”, and return to the Tribal Lands Department Office, Tribal Complex, Pablo, MT, Attn: Mark Couture. Sealed bids will be accepted until or post marked by April 13, 2017, at 5:30 p.m. Tribal members and non-members may submit bids on allotted lands, Tribal member only on Tribal tracts, unless otherwise stated in the bid advertisement. Any successful bidder on allotted lands and tribally owned land, will be required to post a bond, in acceptable form in accordance with 25 CFR 162.235 e.g. (Irrevocable letter of credit, surety bond, Certificate of Deposit,…), for the amount specified to secure contract performance.
Please submit bids for the annual rental amount only (no bid deposit required). All additional charges (e.g. irrigation O&M, NPR, pump fees) shall be paid separately by the successful bidder in addition to the lease rental amount bid.
Bids submitted from CS&K Tribal members on Tribally-owned lands requires a $2.00 per acre minimum bid and for non-members minimum bid is $7.50 per acre. Bids submitted on Allotted-owned lands requires a $15.00 per acre minimum bid on tracts listing irrigated acres; and a $7.50 per acre minimum bid for dryland crop or grazing tracts.
Bid opening is open to the public and will be held on April 19, 2017 at 2:00 P.M. in the new complex conference room.
Leases will be issued for a period of five years and will begin January 1, 2018 or when the contract approval is complete, unless negotiated or otherwise stated in the bid advertisement.
The Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes, Allotments Owners, and the Superintendent of the Flathead Agency reserve the right to reject any or all bids submitted, withdrawn any tracts during the bidding process, or waive any informality or technical defect on this advertisement.
If you have any questions or need further information please contact Mark Couture, at (406) 675-2700 ext. 1251.
You can see the bid documentation below: