CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: (406) 675-2711
WEBSITE ADDRESS: csktribes.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Administrative Support Technician
LOCATION: Salish Kootenai Housing Authority-Pablo, MT
SALARY: $12.18 to $14.05 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, January 31st, 2019 at 5:30 p.m.
This is not a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and serve a mandatory six (6) month probationary period.
This position is an integral part of the Administrative Department, responsible for implementing work according to established policies or guidelines. Position will exercise good judgment and have responsibility for results.
- Responsible for maintaining a high quality of customer service, providing customers with efficient, courteous and professional service.
- Responsible for answering phones on a multiple line system in a courteous, efficient and businesslike manner. Will be responsible to ensure all calls are routed to the appropriate department, assisting callers as needed.
- Will greet walk-in customers, asking and answering questions to identify their need in order to direct them to the appropriate staff while maintaining high quality customer service.
- Responsible for distributing applications for various departments and answering questions as they arise directing them to the appropriate staff. Must become familiar with all SKHA departments’ applications and guidelines for each one in order to provide information and answer questions appropriately as they arise. Will keep a log of all applications handed out.
- Responsible for receiving, logging in and distributing Customer Request Forms to the appropriate department as they are received. Will be required to maintain a tracking system notifying the Executive Director of outstanding Customer Request Forms.
- Will be responsible for keeping an inventory of office supplies and ordering or re-ordering as needed in order to maintain an adequate supply at all times.
- Responsible for picking up mail at Post Office on a daily basis, logging and distributing mail to appropriate staff or department. Responsible for preparing outgoing mail on a daily basis.
- Performs typing and word processing for department staff as requested i.e. correspondence, forms, reports etc.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the filing for the Administrative Department.
- Will assist the Administrative Assistant with payroll activities, checking timesheets for accuracy and making appropriate copies.
- Will be responsible for the appearance of the reception area.
- Will perform other related work as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION)
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- 1 year of training or experience in an administrative position OR a combination of both.
- Must possess a current valid driver’s license.
- Must not have any alcohol related convictions for the past three (3) years.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS (AS DETERMINED BY THE INTERVIEW):
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures. Knowledge of a variety of office machines, including computers.
- Skill in the operation of computers and other office machines.
- Ability to act with tact and impartiality while dealing with a variety of people; ability to perform under stressful situations; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; ability to maintain confidentiality; ability to communicate verbally and in writing; ability to relate to low income families. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other departments, employees and the general public. Ability to follow written and verbal instructions and to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Completed Tribal employment application.
- Copies of relevant academic transcripts and/or training certificates.
- Copy of current valid driver’s license.
- Copy of Tribal enrollment.
- If claiming Veterans Preference, a copy of DD214 must be submitted.
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Cynthia Matt, Personnel Office, P.O. Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, @ 406-675-2700 Ext. #1043.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact Carrie Irvine @ 406-675-2700 Ext. #1509.