CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL DEPARTMENT FAX: (406) 675-2711
WEBSITE ADDRESS: csktribes.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Cash Receipts Clerk
LOCATION: Tribal Credit Office
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday
8:00 am to 4:30 pm
SALARY: $12.18 to $14.05 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Monday, November 26, 2018 at 5:30 p.m.
This is not a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and serve a mandatory six (6) month probationary period.
- Responsible to receive all loan payments, issue hand receipts and run receipts from the computer. Enter all payments on Sharetec program and enter all non-cash payments on Excel and print daily transaction review report. Responsible to balance cash and checks received with the Sharetec transaction review. Prepare payments received for bank deposit.
- Responsible to inquire directly to payer, which loan they are making payment on, or, make contact with payer if they do not indicate which loan they are paying on.
- Responsible to send reminders to payers to indicate which loan they are paying on.
- Responsible to issue payment books for long term, short term, and educational loans.
- Responsible to assist with filing receipts.
- Responsible to assist with the incoming phone calls.
- Responsible to assist with receptionist duties.
- Responsible for other duties that may be assigned.MINIMUM RECRUITING QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION)
- Must possess high school diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) year work experience equivalent to Administrative Clerk/Typist I.
- Must have cash handling experience.DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS (AS DETERMINED BY THE INTERVIEW)
- Knowledge of basic modern office practices and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of clerical and accounting practices and procedures.
- Strong mathematical skills required to make change for loan payments received.
- Skill in operation of office machines, such as computer, cash register, typewriter, calculator, copy machine and FAX machine.
- Ability to perform a variety of clerical work requiring some exercise of independent judgment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, departments, and the general public.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions and to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.SUBMIT:
- 1. Completed Tribal employment application.
- Copy of relevant academic transcript.4. If claiming veteran’ preference, a copy of DD214 must be submitted.SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Cynthia Matt, Personnel Department, P.O. Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, telephone (406) 675-2700 Ext. 1259.FOR MORE INFORMATION:Contact
- Lorma Sloan, Tribal Credit Office at (406) 675-2700 Ext. 1093.
- 3. Proof of enrollment from a federally recognized Tribe if other than CSKT.