CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278 PABLO MT 59855
(406) 675-2700 PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: (406) 675-2711
WEBSITE ADDRESS: csktribes.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Medical Director
LOCATION: Tribal Health Department
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
SPECIAL CONDITIONS: This is not a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test. The successful applicant will be required to serve a mandatory six month probationary period. As a medical clinician, the Medical Director conducts initial and periodic health histories and examinations on individual patients with acute and chronic illnesses, and for preventive medical care; ordering of appropriate diagnostic tests; making medical diagnosis based on these histories, exams, and diagnostic tests; implementing and prescribing of treatments within the clinical training of a board certified primary care physician and in conformance with approved clinical privileges. Refers to specialists when appropriate; provides follow-up care with patients and their families. As appropriate to primary care, the medical clinician assists in the coordination of medical care including hospital admission with contracted providers. The medical clinician may occasionally care for patients at home, in a nursing home setting, or at hospitals contracted with TH, as approved.
• Educates individuals in the nature of health-related conditions, recommended therapy, and the general promotion of health and prevention of illness/disease.
• Refers patients and their families to TH services, as appropriate to their continued care and follow-up including but not limited to community health, health and wellness.
• Records patient-provider transactions in the problem oriented medical record format and completes the required data collection instruments, referrals, and medical records.
• Provides medical review and rating of surgical procedures, and non-surgical medical care as requested by TH administration.
• Provides medically related educational training, clinical staff training and/or guidance, and orientation of TH staff required and assists in providing technical/professional guidance to Tribal and community groups as designated by supervisor.
• Participates in assigned TH staff meetings to develop new, modify existing, and evaluate medical procedures and processes relative to assurance of quality, patient care.
• The Medical Director, in close coordination with the TH Nursing Division Director, provides direction for the operation of the TH Medical Clinics. The Medical Director is responsible for the management of the Medical program and supervision of the medical clinicians at the TH Centers medical clinics, including but not limited to: Hot Springs, Elmo, Polson, Pablo, St. Ignatius and Arlee.
• The Medical Director supervises of Medical clinicians in assigned medical clinics and is responsible for setting and reviewing performance criteria and monitoring the day to day performance of the medical clinic staff. It is the responsibility of the Medical Director to ensure a TH medical clinician is available at TH medical clinics during the hours of operation.
• The Medical Director leads and coordinates regularly scheduled medical clinicians meetings in assigned clinics.
• The Medical Director develops, implements, enforces, and reviews Medical Clinic policies, procedures and protocols. Educate staff on rationale and need for adherence to policies including but not limited to: Quality Improvement and HIPAA.
• The Medical Director implements and oversees a formal peer review system holding providers, including self, accountable for the appropriateness and quality of care in assigned clinics and assigned panel of assigned TH recipients.
• The Medical Director ensures all physicians and midlevel providers, including self, meet credentialing requirements including but not limited to: maintaining ACLS certification and minimal continuing education requirements for licensure/certification in assigned clinics.
• The Medical Director provides in-service training for TH staff on relevant medical or policy-related topics as needed and when available.
• The Medical Director reviews and updates standing orders annually for Medical Clinics and other TH Division and Programs such as the Diabetes Program and Nursing Divisions.
• The Medical Director serves as the physician/medical advisor on the Diabetes Team for patients utilizing clinics assigned to physician.
• The Medical Director serve as an active member of the TH Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee, Drug Utilization Review Committee and other committees as needed or directed that may be delegated, when appropriate.
• The Medical Director coordinates with other medical providers, medical review and/or rating of surgical procedures and non-surgical medical care, as requested by TH administration.
• The Medical Director participates in the planning process for future health facility needs and/or staffing requirements including assisting in all medical hiring.
• The Medical Director works with Business Office Executive Officer to review develop and administer Medical Clinics budget.
• The Medical Director serves as a Tribal Health Officer for purposes of Public Health committees and disaster response plans, when appropriate and may be delegated.
• The Medical Director serves as a site coordinator for medical education opportunities for medical students, residents, nurse practitioner students, physician assistant students, nursing students, or other medical professional students who would be placed in the Medical Clinician/Medical Directors assigned clinics.
• The Medical Director may serve at the TH’s medical expert, as needed or requested as the TH health care delivery system is developed, modified, evaluated and/or implemented. This may include but not limited serving on TH, federal, state, local or private partnership boards or committees, providing the TH with medical care advice for grants, new programs or others areas where input is needed and appropriate.
• Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION):
• Successful completion of a course of study leading to the Degree of Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy at an approved school of Medicine or Osteopathy. • The successful completion of post-graduate training in Family Medicine in an approved residency program. • Board certification/eligible in the specialty of Family Medicine. • Must possess a current active license to practice medicine in the United States and Montana. • Current ACLS certification is required. • Current Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Controlled Substance Registration Certificate • Must maintain proper licensure/certification and registration; if required. • Must pass a background and suitability check according to Public Law 101-630; the Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act • Must possess a valid driver’s license.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS (AS DETERMINED BY THE INTERVIEW):
Request a copy of position description for full details.
1. Completed Tribal employment application.
2. Certified copy of relevant academic transcripts.
3. Completed supplemental background questionnaire.
4. Copy of current valid driver’s license.
5. Proof of enrollment from a federally recognized Tribe if other than CSKT.
6. If claiming veteran’s preference, a copy of the DD214 must be submitted.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Evelyn Charlo, Personnel Office, PO Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, telephone (406) 675-2700 Ext. #1029
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact Joe Durglo, Tribal Health Department Head (Acting) @ (406)745-3525 Ext. #5012.
|File name||Medical Director 1.10.18.pdf|
|File type||pdf (Mime type application/pdf)|
|Date added||01/10/2018 03:38 PM|
|Last modified on||04/10/2018 01:01 PM|