Download directly from our server :
Size: 399.91 KB
CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL DEPARTMENT FAX: 406.675.2711
CSKT Website: csktribes.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Basic Education Teacher/Special Education (May be employed under contract)
LOCATION:Kicking Horse Job Corps – Ronan, MT
SALARY:$16.98 to $19.74 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
This is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy and is subject to random alcohol and drug testing. The successful applicant if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and will be required to serve a six-month probationary period.
- Instruct under the curriculum guidelines of Job Corps ensuring that techniques and methods of instruction produce maximum efficiency of learning.
- Accountable for all educational data associated with the center, to include: scheduling of meetings with assigned students to meet education and social needs and progressive performance evaluation input on educational progress.
- Perform the duties as a team member representing the Education Department for the individual student’s Evaluation of Student Progress (ESP). Each member must attend ESP meetings in order to meet CDSS Program needs and compile scores from each of the student’s assigned classes and enter the average score and comments into the Center Information system.
- Responsible for documentation of individual student class records to include: daily class records, milestones completed, transferring of dated documentation to student profile weekly.
- Responsible for accountability: roll taking, student conduct, student participation, reporting of incidents, and equipment.
- Ensure classroom environment for positive learning atmosphere; in regards to cleanliness and orderliness.
- Assist in revisions of educational program when needed.
- Responsible for integration of educational/CTT skills to educational program.
- Will do the initial file review for students who have requested “reasonable accommodations” and assist the Academic Disability Coordinator with student accommodation file.
- Assist all instructors with providing appropriate options for “reasonable accommodations” as per the students’ accommodation plans.
- Implement “Applied Academics” each and every chance the instructor has the opportunity within the training day. Instructor is responsible for showing the relationship between education and career technical training. Instructor must be able to show “real-world” academic/CTT applications within their subject matter. Instructor will maintain communication with CTT instructors to enhance the curriculum in both areas.
- Will be included in the management of the tutoring program design, implementation and oversight.
- Instruct small sized classes with an emphasis on individualized instruction and best practices for students with “reasonable accommodations” and special needs.
- Responsible for attending ESP meetings on a rotating schedule to oversee effectiveness of reasonable accommodations requested by students within that particular ESP area.
- Assist other academic areas when needed as assigned by the Director of Education.
- Perform all other work related duties as assigned by the Director of Education.
- Responsible for modeling, mentoring, and monitoring appropriate employability skills and social skills for Career Success Standards
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION)
- Must possess a BS/BA degree and current Class 1 (Professional) or Class 2 (Standard) Montana Secondary Teacher Certificate. Preference will be given to applicants who have a Secondary Special Education endorsement (grades 5-12). This certification must be maintained.
- This is a Tested Designated Position (TDP) in compliance with the Drug and Alcohol Policy.
- Is required to pass a background investigation per PL 101-630.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS (AS DETERMINED BY THE INTERVIEW):
Interested applicants can get a copy of the full position description at the Personnel Office, or at the Kicking Horse Job Corps in Ronan, MT. Please contact KHJC at 406-644-2217 or CSKT Personnel at 406-675-2700 ext. 1043 or 1259 for more information.
- Completed Tribal employment application. (Resumes may be submitted but may not replace or supplement the official tribal application).
- Certified copies of relevant academic transcripts and training certificates.
- Copy of Montana Teacher Certification.
- If you are claiming Veterans Preference, a copy of the DD214 must be submitted with the application.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Personnel Office, P.O. Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, telephone 406.675.2700, ext. 1043 or 1259.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact: Arlene Bigby, KHJC Center Director @ 675-2700, ext. 6301.