Download directly from our server :
Size: 161.79 KB
CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: (406) 675-2711
WEBSITE ADDRESS: www.csktribes.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Certified Pharmacy Technician – 1 or more
LOCATION: Tribal Health Department
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday - 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
This position is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test. The successful applicant will be required to serve a mandatory six (6) month probationary period.
- Serves as the central point-of-contact for clinic and pharmacy personnel for all matters concerning supply and availability of all pharmaceutical items. Initiates orders for pharmaceuticals and finds alternate sources of supply for items in out-of-stock situations, emergency one-time orders, multi-source and special requests. Maintains good working relationships with area clinics and hospitals for the purpose of trading emergency items when necessary. Plans and coordinates supply actions to ensure support of operations outside the main clinic. Reviews inventory re-order points for appropriateness and overall support of general goals. Reviews demand data to determine items, which may be obsolete or excess to the needs of the organization, offers recommendations for utilization, and prepares reports and necessary documentation. Conducts investigations to determine causes of inventory overage. Transforms actions by the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee (P&T) into stock actions through review of committee minutes. Makes recommendations on availability, price, and brand selection to P&T through Pharmacy Manager. Receives, interprets acts on, and files pharmacy messages relating to stocked items. Utilizes information to determine future trends in the availability of certain affected items and acts to prevent local shortages or outages and purchase of items of questionable quality.
- Manages prime vendor ordering system so as to preclude overspending and over/under ordering of supplies, utilizing knowledge of supply and demand of each individual item stocked. Continuously updates product prices, numbers, and source codes in Prime Vendor.
- Maintains pharmacy store room stocks, requisitions pharmacy office supply items from the Supply Department, shelves items alphabetically by generic name, projects drug usage so that the pharmacy does not run out of needed drug items, properly stores drugs that have special storage requirements (e.g. refrigeration); receives and fills pharmacy supply orders for a wide variety of items stocked, performs inspections that comply with certification standards, receives pharmacy shipments, notifies the pharmacists of any delayed shipment, partial receipts, or similar events affecting drug stocks; maintains cleanliness of the main pharmacy, pharmacy storage areas and other drug store areas; and is responsible for proper storage of drugs in areas assigned, i.e., expiration dates, rotation of drug stocks. Inventories and orders supplies insuring that stock levels are maintained. Replenishes main or refill dispensing line operating stocks, or refill automatic drug dispensing cells to include cleaning cells, updates expiration date cards on machine and in general keeps dispensing machine in operating order. Inspects label potency dates in each pharmaceutical unit of assigned drug stocks and removes from stock items that have exceeded their potency date.
- Repackage drugs into usable size, prepackages drugs from bulk and stores into prescription size, maintains control logs as required for quality control and statistical purposes, generates required labels with attachments correct auxiliary labels; bulk compounds, packages and labels complex products and maintains control logs and proper labeling; packages drugs from shipment, maintains control logs for quality control and statistical purposes.
- Assists the pharmacists in their patient care activities by typing prescription labels; calculating doses to match physician’s order with pharmacy stocks and adjusting labels accordingly; records prescription refills; calculates quantities of drugs required to match physician’s order with pharmacy stocks; records necessary information on control logs; explains pharmacy policies, and participates with pharmacy and medical staff in documentation and performance of certification activities to include P & T (Pharmacy & Therapeutics), DUE (Drug Utilization Evaluation) and QA (Quality Assurance).
- Carefully reviews prescriptions and determines kind, strength, and dosage of drug to be dispensed. Correlates instruction on order with pharmacy policy. If required, annotates the prescription to assure compliance with dispensing limitations. Sets up prescriptions by obtaining correct stock container, counting or pouring correct amount of medication, and placing medication in an appropriate container. Sets contents and label aside for a final check and dispensing by a pharmacist.
- Fills prescriptions and bulk drug orders, restocks pharmacy. Receives requests for new or refill prescription and verifies patient’s eligibility for services. Reviews prescriptions to determine the drug strength, quantity, directions for the use prescribed, and verifies that the prescription has been written by an authorized Medical provider. Determines if the drug written is a stocked item and is or adjusted to prescribed quantities. If the prescription is for a non-stocked or out-of-stock drug, refers prescription to Pharmacy Manager for resolution, either with the patient or the Medical Provider. When information is changed or added on a prescription, annotates action taken to insure that the prescription clearly portrays the action taken.
- Bulk compounds, prepackages, and labels a full range of products according to formula cards or special instructions. Checks for atypical occurrences, e.g., change in color or consistency. Reports problems to pharmacist. Prepares computer labels for this function assuring that the manufacturer, lot number and expiration date is correct.
- Operates a computer terminal to prepare labels for new and refill prescription, adds new drugs to the inventory, and prepares daily reports of prescription volumes. Prepares prescription labels insuring that labels show all required information.
- Performs technical support work in all pharmacy functional areas. Answers routine inquiries from doctors, nurses and other staff members on such matters as classification of drugs in stock, new drugs on order, and dosages forms of drugs available in the pharmacy. Will refer any questions concerning drug reactions, requests for the order of a new drug, etc., to the Pharmacy Manager.
- Researches and follows-up on rejected claims on-line in order to ensure maximum reimbursement to the facility. Works with the pharmacist to fix rejected claims within specified time frames in order to determine why a claim was rejected
- Will maintain files for the tracking of billing and reimbursement. Initiates inquiry either by telephone or written correspondence with the insurance company after pre-established time frames in order to determine why a claim was rejected.
- Maintains records and files in accordance with applicable regulations. Ensures there is documentation of all action(s) taken for adequate audit trails.
- Will contact patients and/or family members to obtain correct billing information for claims and will update patient registration to reflect those changes.
- Run various reports to determine insurance coverage.
- Contact insurance companies and providers for prior authorizations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION):
- Must possess a high school diploma/GED.
- Must possess certification by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must possess a current valid driver’s license.
- Must pass a background check.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION):
- Request position description for a detailed description of desirable qualifications.
- Completed Tribal employment application.
- Copy of relevant academic transcripts and certifications.
- Copy of current valid driver’s license.
- Completed supplemental background questionnaire.
- Proof of enrollment from a federally recognized Tribe if other than CSKT.
- If claiming veteran’s preference, a copy of DD214 must be submitted.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Tyshina Whitworth, Personnel Office, PO Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, Telephone (406) 675-2700 Ext. 1043
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact Mike Hertz @ (406)675-2700 Ex