Download directly from our server :
Size: 131.26 KB
CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL DEPARTMENT FAX 406-675-2711
CSKT Website: cskt.org
* * * V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T * * *
TITLE: Director Kootenai Culture Committee
LOCATION: Kootenai Culture Committee
SALARY: $ 40.63 to $ 47.29 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, March 14, 2019 @ 5:30 p.m.
This position is not a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing Policy. The successful applicant, if not already employed with the Tribes, must pass pre-hire drug testing and will be required to serve a mandatory one (1) year probationary period.
This full time position is responsible for the Kootenai Culture Committee achieving its primary mission of preserving, protecting and perpetuating the language, culture, history and traditional way of life of the Kootenai people. The director provides direction to all Kootenai Culture Committee staff members and contractors, and provides administrative oversight of the program’s operations.
In carrying out the mission of the Kootenai Culture Committee, the director’s duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Prioritizes Culture Committee activities to best accomplish the above objectives, including development of annual program objectives and work plans, and annual evaluation of work progress.
- Ensures that KCC fulfills its role of serving as liaison between Tribal Council, State and Federal government, and the Kootenai Elders Advisory Council. Organizing necessary meetings, ensuring elders are adequately informed of tribal activities and policies, soliciting the guidance and direction and recommendations of the elders and relaying those to the Tribal Council and staff. Provides timely and reliable advice and support to Tribal Council, keeping Council informed of cultural perspectives, based on information from the elders, relevant to issues facing the Tribes, and ensuring Council is informed of potential threats to Tribe’s cultural survival and opportunities for cultural revitalization.
- Ensures that KCC fulfills its role of establishing and developing programs and projects to education tribal membership, tribal employees, and others on the culture, language, and history of Kootenai when requested.
- When requested and as appropriate, engages in the process of helping Tribal members learn, practice and participate in Tribal culture.
- Ensures that KCC fulfills its role of working as effectively as possible for the survival and revival of the Kootenai language in accordance with Tribal language heritage policy and in coordination with the Kootenai Language Commission.
- Supervises and reviews work of Cultural Committee employees to ensure most effective and efficient use of tribal resources, a productive and positive office environment, adequate training and advice, and appropriate delegation of work and responsibilities.
- Develops Culture Committee budget to best accomplish the above objectives, oversees expenditure of funds, and ensures sound fiscal management of program. When requested by the Tribal Council will be available to report on the Culture Committee budget, accomplishments, issues, and staff needs to accomplish its mission and annual plan.
- When appropriate, pursues additional funding, including grants, for Culture Committee activities.
- As approved by the Tribal Council, serves on appropriate Boards both within the tribal organization and with outside entities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION):
Must be an enrolled member of the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes.
Must have high degree of knowledge of Kootenai culture, history, language, and traditions.
Familiarity and good working relationship with culturally traditional elders.
Demonstrated skill in oral and written communication with broad range of people.
Training and/or experience in administration and program management.
- Completed Tribal application.
- Copies of relevant academic transcripts and training certificates.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Cynthia Matt, Personnel Department, PO Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, telephone 406-675-2700 ext. 1259.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact Ronald Trahan, Tribal Chairman, at 406-675-2700, ext. 1211.