Download directly from our server :
Size: 132.3 KB
CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: 406.675.2711
***V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T***
TITLE: Recreation Specialist (2 or more positions)
LOCATION: Kicking Horse Job Corps Center
SALARY: $12.78 to $14.84 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
This position is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and will be required to serve a six-month probationary period.
- Will develop, institute, maintain and evaluate recreational activities.
- Will assist the Recreation Coordinator with yearly, monthly, and weekly recreation plans for assigned area.
- Will be responsive to student interest regarding activities by providing those activities if possible.
- Motivates students to participate in organized recreation activities. Will recruit students to participate in activities if needed. When appropriate, direct involvement in activities with students is strongly recommended to promote participation. Good rapport with the students is necessary to be a good recreation facilitator.
- Treats students with dignity and respect while instilling high standards of behavior in their use of appropriate language and behavior. This can be best accomplished by the use of the STAR approach that can be found in the Staff Handbook.
- Monitor and supervise center facilities to ensure a safe, secure, clean and comfortable living environment for all students and staff.
- Follow appropriate safety procedures and practices to ensure risk management standards are met.
- Perform daily facility checks for assigned areas.
- Initiate and submit School Dude work orders for areas assigned.
- Prepare and submit weekly facility reports.
- Conduct and record fire drills and Monthly Facility Safety Inspection Form on a scheduled monthly basis.
- Maintain an adequate supply of cleaning materials and office supplies.
- Organize and supervise student cleaning details
- Create a positive and growth oriented social environment for students.
- Help new students adjust and make behavior changes during Career Preparation Period (CPP) that will enhance their future employability.
- Conduct recreation orientation in your assigned area to promote student participation in the recreation program.
- Train and supervise student recreation aides.
- Support other center programs including dorm life, student government, counseling, behavior management, incentive system and coordinate activities with them.
- Provide individual and group guidance on an informal and/or structured basis in close coordination with appropriate staff on the Evaluation of Student Progress Team (ESP).
- Consistent utilization of appropriate intervention techniques (case notes/NIR’s) using CIS when students exhibit inappropriate behavior.
- Plan, organize, and facilitate group recreation activities.
- Active participation in center wide activities that promote student accountability and foster student responsibility.
- Participation in the disciplinary process as established by the Center policies and procedures that include participation in the Center’s review board.
- Monitor student sign in activities.
- Monitor student clean-up activities in order to ensure standards of excellence are met.
- Consistent utilization of appropriate intervention techniques (the STAR approach) when students exhibit inappropriate behavior.
- Follow Center policies and procedures when organizing pass trips and developing student pass trip roster.
- Actively participate in Social Skills Training (SST) program.
- Facilitate an SST session when needed on a fill in basis.
- Conduct quality SST lessons in accordance with requirements of the PRH.
- Incorporate SST information and vocabulary in to recreation activities when appropriate.
- Responsible for the performance that includes measurements standards in Group Life area specifically by the implementation of a quality recreation program.
- Contributes to the maintenance and improvement of the Average Length of Stay (ALOS) of students.
- Contributes to the maintenance and improvement of Weekly Termination Rate (WTR) for students.
- Responsible for positively contributing to the overall rating of the Group Life program.
- Provide the necessary counseling and submitting appropriate referrals for high-risk students to gain needed support for completion of program.
**For more information ask for full position description**
MINIMUM RECRUITING QUALIFICATIONS AS REFLECTED ON TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION:
- Must possess an Associate of Arts degree or High School Diploma/Equivalency and one (1) year of related experience working with youth.
- Must have or be able to obtain within 90 days of hire: a Montana Class B license with passenger and air brake endorsement; First Aid/CPR Card; and Lifeguard Certification.
- Must have computer skills; be able to set up bracketing and scheduling; be able to enforce rules of play and instruct students in a variety of sports and physical activities.
- Must be able to facilitate small and large group needs of all students to promote participation.
- Employee is required to pass a background investigation per PL 101-630.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AS DETERMINED THROUGH INTERVIEW AND PREVIOUS EMPLOYMENT REFERENCES:
- Ability to enforce rules of play and instruct students in a variety of sports and document students' participation.
- Diversified background in different types of recreational activities, sports, and Arts & Crafts. Sociology or psychology background is helpful.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to work with youth ages of 16 to 24 years.
- Completed Tribal employment application (Resumes may be submitted but may not replace or supplement the official tribal application).
- Copies of relevant academic transcripts and training certificates.
- If claiming Veteran’s preference, a copy of DD214 must be submitted.
- Proof of enrollment from a federally recognized tribe if other than CSKT.
- Completed supplemental background questionnaire.
- Copy of valid driver license.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS.
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Tyshina Whitworth, Personnel Office, PO Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, telephone 406.675.2700 ext. 1043.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact Arlene Bigby, Center Director KHJC, @ 406.644.2217 ext. 6301